02 初来乍到
think you are very suitable for the position. i'll see you this afternoon to go over some related things.

  吉姆:据我所知,你很适合这份工作。今天下午我想就有关问题和你谈一谈。

  david: no problem. i am eager to get down to my work.

  戴维:没问题,我希望能尽快着手工作。

  notes

  1. brief [bri:f] adj. 短暂的;简短的;n. 摘要

  2. executive [ig'zekjutiv] n. 主管,行政官;行政部门;adj. 行政的

  3. get down to 开始,着手

  小贴士

  1. hello, everybody. we have a new colleague today.

  大家好,今天我们来了一个新同事。

  2. please let me introduce myself.

  请允许我做下自我介绍。

  3. wee aboard.

  欢迎你来到这儿。

  也可以这样说:

  glad to have you with us.

  4. these are the people you'll be working with.

  这些是将来要共事的人。

  5. we will be the best partners in work.

  相信我们在工作中会成为最佳搭档。

  6. if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

  如果有什么问题,尽管问。

  7. i am very green here and your guidance would be appreciated.

  在这里我是个新手,请多指教。

  8. i've been looking forward to working with you.

  我一直盼望能和您一起工作。

  公司制度知多少

  dialogue

  as a neer, george needs to get familiar with the rules and regulations in the office now the personnel executive peter is introducing the rules and regulations to him.

  作为一名新员工,乔治需要了解公司的规章制度。现在人事部主管彼得正在向他介绍这些规章制度。

  george: peter, could you tell me the rules and regulations of our firm?

  乔治:彼得,你能告诉我一些公司的规章制度吗?

  peter: ok, the working hour is from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. you can have lunch and then take a rest from 12:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and you must clock in and out. be sure not to be late or absent.